The 2022 Galvin Tarte Tatin Competition
Do you fancy yourself as the next Great British Bake Off champion, but want to try your hand at something more low key first? Have you secretly mastered the art of French patisserie over the past two years? Do you enjoy eating baked goods? Do you love the thrill of a competition?
If you said yes to any of the above, then we challenge you to submit your tasty Tarte Tatin for consideration by our judges.
This year’s judges include Richard Vines, former Chief Food Critic of Bloomberg; Felicity Spector, experienced journalist and one of London’s top food influencers; Otto Albert Tepasse of Otto’s French Restaurant, who have an incredible Tarte Tatin of their own; and pastry legend Chef Calum, Executive Chef at Holborn Dining Rooms, author & self-described pastry deviant. Our guest judges will be joined by our own apple Tarte Tatin legends Chris & Jeff Galvin.
How to enter:
- Bake a delicious apple Tarte Tatin
- Take a picture of your creation
- Share the picture to Instagram by Tuesday 31st May & Tag @GalvinRestaurants and use the hashtag #GalvinTatinComp
- Eat your delicious Tarte Tatin!
What happens next?
We review all the entries and invite a shortlist to bake their apple Tarte Tatin’s and bring them in for our competition day on Saturday 11th of June 2022. Shortlisted entrants will be sent a DM via our @GalvinRestaurants Instagram account on Wednesday 1st June.
On competition day, our expert judges will taste everyone’s Tarte Tatin’s and name the 2022 winner of our Tarte Tatin competition. Entrants and their family or friends will enjoy breakfast canapes and bubbles whilst the judges make their decision.
Tarte Tatin for life at Galvin La Chapelle and Galvin Bistrot & Bar, a £150 voucher for Galvin Restaurants, a Magnum of Galvin Champagne, a Galvin Cookbook, a trophy & bragging rights.
Two runners up will each receive a £50 Galvin Voucher, Galvin Cookbook and a bottle of Galvin Champagne.
Terms & Conditions
- All entrants must be amateur bakers (sorry Nigella, Mary & Prue)
- You must submit an apple Tarte Tatin
- The judging day will be held at Galvin Bistrot & Bar on Saturday 11th of June, entrants must cover their own travel arrangements to and from the venue.
- Submissions are welcomed from entrants of all ages (including children) any minors must have the permission of a parent or guardian to take part.