Whisky Tasting Masterclass
Renowned for its extensive whisky collection, The Bar at The Athenaeum promises a sumptuous setting for a unique whisky tasting. Hosted by our very own barman, Giovanni Castorina, our one hour masterclasses include four 25ml whiskies, complete with perfectly-paired cheeses.
We offer three tiers of masterclasses; sample menus are included below, although please note – these are subject to change.
All masterclasses are available Sunday – Thursday, 12 – 9pm and Friday – Saturday, 12 – 7pm.
DISCOVER WHISKY | £45 PER PERSON
- Nikka Black Malt & Double Gloucester Cheese
- Redbreast Lusteau Edition & Wigmore Cheese
- Willet’s Bourbon & Lancashire Bomb
- Dalmore Cigar Malt & Beenleigh Blue Cheese
ESSENTIAL SCOTTISH | £75 PER PERSON
- Balvenie Double Wood (17 yrs) & Ragstone Cheese
- Hazelburn (8yrs) & Tunworth Cheese
- Cutty Sark (25yrs) & Devon Blue Cheese
- Lagavulin Distillers Edition & Westcombe Cheddar
PRESTIGE | £150 PER PERSON
- Islay of Whisky OC2 & Dorstone Cheese
- Highland Park (25yrs) & Durrus Cheese
- Hibiki (17yrs) & Stichelton Cheese
- Ardbeg Supernova (2009) & Kirkham’s Lancashire